Direct Recruitment (Midlands) Ltd are currently looking for 2 experienced TIG Welders to join our new client, based in Stone.
TIG Welder Overview:
- We require a TIG welder to predominantly weld thin austenitic stainless steel, group 8.1.
- You will be required to produce fillet and butt welds in thicknesses and combinations of materials between 0.2mm to 3mm.
- Thicknesses up to 5.5mm and even 11mm are occasionally welded.
- Good practical and technical skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles would be an advantage
- Work to customer and internal specifications
- It would be helpful if the candidate has examples of current, or even lapsed Welder Qualification Records, WQR’s that will give indication of experience
- Reliable and enthusiastic approach to tasks and objectives.
- Versatile and flexible approach to tasks and objectives.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Hours and Pay
- Monday to Friday. 0800-1700hrs.
- Based In Stone (ST15 area)
- this is offered on a temp to permanent basis.
- Pay between £10.00-£12.50/hour depending on the amount of experience you have.
- A weld test would be incorporated into the interview process.