Looking for a machine operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery for our partner business in the Stone area. Looking for a reliable individual with a keen eye for detail and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A good understanding of paper and board grades
- Knowledge of paper weights
- Knowledge of paper sizes
- Experience of handling paper or board materials
- Experience of working with print / packaging related machinery operating at high speeds
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive approach to overcoming issues
- A strong teamwork ethic
Machine Operator Requirements
- Contribute to a safe and clean working environment in the workplace.
- Carry out and document safety checks before commencement when operating machinery.
- Uphold the quality and hygiene standards required to meet the company’s accreditation’s.
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the challenges given.
- Undertake the movement of materials (raw and finished) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow documented works instruction carrying out checks to ensure adherence to quality.
- Operate sheeting machinery (or sections of the machine) in co-operation with other team members
- Prepare materials required for the production of the expected orders.
- Carry out and document quality checks at multiple stages of the production process.
- Contribute to the teams efforts to meet production requirements.
- Wrap, strap and label product ensuring that it matches the product and meets the customer requirement.
- Undertake the loading and unloading of transport inbound and outbound as and when required.
- Co-operate with the team to effectively manage the work space to best accommodate material movements.
- Have a good awareness of the movement of people and vehicles within the work area to ensure safe practice at all times.
- Have either paper and board experience and/or machine operating experience.
Hours and Rate
- Monday – Friday; 06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00 (rotating shifts)
- £8.60 p/hour
Send a current CV for the attention of Diana Birzan or call on 01785 819880 for more details.
Direct Recruitment (Midlands) Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Search Direct Recruitment (Midlands) Ltd
|Job Category||Term to Perm|
|Job Industry||Industrial Vacancies|