This is an exciting opportunity to join our client as part of their logistics team in a busy, varied role. Working as part of a team under a Logistics Supervisor and Workshop Controller, the role of Logistics Operative requires the following:
- Movements of cars around the site to required timescales and volumes
- Tracking vehicles using a handheld tablet and bespoke software ensuring vehicles are allocated and delivered/returned safely and secure.
- Stocktaking/auditing with the department
- Dealing with customers and transport companies on-site and completing arrival and quality control dispatch inspections.
- Communicating and planning to ensure space across the site is optimised.
- Representing the company and customers on deliveries/collection for off-site repairs
- Maintaining a tidy and professional working environment, with a special emphasis on Health and Safety.
- You must have a valid and in date Driving Licence, and will need to declare any points.
- Work well within a team and on their own initiative
- A flexible attitude to working hours and overtime
- Company Pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Banks Holidays)
- Benefits and reward scheme
- Progression opportunities
- 12 hour shift, 5 on then 5 off, then 4 on 5 off
- Salary of £23,000/year
|Job Industry||Industrial Vacancies|