The role of the Goods Inwards Operative is to ensure all inbound Goods are received and processed into the business in a safe, timely and efficient manner. The role is executed across several tasks and operatives are expected to be able (with training) to be able to execute the full range of tasks.
Hours are 10hours a day, Monday to Friday, at £9.75/hour.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading and unloading of vehicles in a busy Goods In department.
- Receipt and inspection of goods received – checking for damages, checking quality and quantity of goods received against our purchase order and the supplier’s delivery note.
- Book onto the system using hand Help Terminals to confirm receipt
- Labelling of stock ready for put away
- Handling goods received in a methodical way.
- Put goods away to picking or pallet locations or transfer to boxing or subcontract operations.
- Confirm receipt of any documentation accompanying the delivery e.g. material cert, test cert. etc.
- Repackaging of bulk product into smaller quantities to comply with any company specific requirements.
- Continually check for damaged or unsuitable packaging and report unsuitable goods as necessary.
- Keeping a clear & tidy Goods In area.
- Report discrepancies noted when processing inbound materials
- An understanding of basic Health & Safety procedures.
In addition, once qualified on warehouse Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Loading of goods onto nominated carrier transport using MHE
- Processing of Inbound Stock using MHE
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Manual Handling
- An understanding of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you work in
- A willingness to learn and be willing to obtain a FLT/MHE Licence
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Any other function or activity required with this function
|Job Category||Term to Perm|
|Job Industry||Industrial Vacancies|