We are recruiting for a Shipping Specialist to be based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. This is a full time permanent position with a respected company.
Based within a workshop environment this role will centre on the day-to-day operations; procedural management surrounding the import and export of orders, complying with UK export controls. You will be working closely with the sales staff to determine company checks and part check in accordance with HMRC.
Duties & Responsibilities: –
- Receiving and physical inspection of non-surplus goods, matching against the vendor packing list and following the company’s process including Purchase Orders and returned goods authorisation.
- Processing and management of customer product returns including processing daily distribution / FNFP orders. Ensuring on-time shipment for orders and monitor the distribution process, proving evaluations in terms of metrics, efficiency and teamwork.
- Preparation, packaging and shipping of all orders, and completing checks on licences on exports. Ensuring process is followed, proper packaging and appropriate documentation is completed throughout the process and that items are billed labelled correctly to expedite delivery.
- Research, preparation and dispatch /export of hazardous goods, completing all export documentation along with certificates of conformance of sealed exports and giving customs clearance on imports.
- Liaising daily both verbally and written with freight forwarders, couriers, customs, government agencies, internal / external customers and vendors.
- Advising sales and customers on dispatches to Europe/ROW on HS Codes and country of origin, whilst advising shipping staff on any issues regarding receiving, shipping invoicing and packing.
- Mentoring and training promising candidates to fill all roles on the shipping and processing teams.
Candidate Requirements: –
- Knowledge and experienced gained from within import and export sector, export controls and intrastat. Dangerous goods knowledge beneficial.
- Understanding of import and export procedures and required documentation – CFO, ATR, and EUR1 certificates
- Good communication skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining attention to detail
- SPIRE registration / certification.
- Possess strong computer proficiency.
Hours of work: –
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 17:00pm
Send an updated CV for the attention of Chris Byrne to email@example.com or call on 01785 819880 for more details.
Job Ref: IN/SS/CB
Job Title: Shipping Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 p/a
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 13 Feb 2018